Thursday, September 27, 2007 geek's week
9/27/2007 11:46:00 PM
Been a crazy week so far. Hate my PP presentation and one of my module faci. I Feel like wanting to strangle these people.
Anyway, i and the rest (well most of them) of Genre gang went to watch Genus (NUS guitar ensemble) free concert at their cultural centre. This is my second time watching them play and like i said last year, they are good. But somehow i don't really like this year's choice of pieces and their performance. Last year's performance blew my mind. This year's concert seems shorter than last year and i felt that they are in a hurry to be done with the concert. What's shocking was no encore! lol...well there are people who shouted for it but i guess there weren't enough. I did enjoy myself that night and the most memorable was the duet performance. The conductor really killed the guitar....he's damn good! I wonder who would win if we place him head to head with our conductor...lol...."GENTLEMEN START YOUR TUNING!"
PS: I lost the concert brochure so i don't know the song that they played.

The quartet was alrite i guess....couldn't remember what they played lol...

This one i remember....La Bamba....it was cool and i've never seen that sitting drum instrument thingy before

My favorite performance. All of us thought the guy was one of the member but it turned out he was the ensemble's conductor......i think.

I love their setting especially the background colors ......

Finale of the performance. This is another different conductor. I believe he composed one of the pieces of that night
layout by: hilary
Made to fit by: geek!